Amazon Banner

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bead Unique Ad

So, I run out to the bead shop after work to buy the current issue of Bead Unique.

One of my necklaces is in a Shop Handmade ad. The owner of the shop is like where are you in the mag. So I flip through and get to the ad. There are 8 total pieces from different people. One is mine.

GUESS WHAT THEY LEAVE OFF THE LISTING FOR MY NECKLACE????????

MY FULL STORE NAME!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the yelling but saying that the store is Jewelry by DOES NOTHING FOR PROMOTING MY JEWELRY!

I've emailed the person who contacted me about the ad in the first place voicing my displeasure.

I emailed the editor about it and here is her response:

Apologies. Profuse ones. The ad got made at the last moment, and was delivered on a weekend when we were all off work...But that's no excuse. Mistake is a mistake. I'm going to make up for this as best I can. I'll definitely get the graphic designer to correct it in the next ad that comes out. And I'll feature your products in other promotions...

Please don't be too disappointed. There will be lots more stuff.

I really feel bad, thinking how awful you must have felt when you opened the magazine and saw the glitch. I do apologize again...

Here's the page. I'm on the bottom left.

Here's the link to my flickr as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jewelrybydesiree/3215763830/


2 comments:

  1. Hi Desiree, I'm glad the editor was so responsive! I agree that the exposure in the magazine is a great opportunity, and you don't want it fouled up by lack of attribution....

    --Dave
    at Rings & Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy they responded and willing to work with you.

    ReplyDelete