Amazon Banner

Saturday, May 31, 2014

DIY Hand/Body Lotion/Cream

So everyone wants to save a buck right?  As a single mom any way that I can save some money is always a good thing.

Lotions and hand creams can be expensive.  It's something that I use every day.  I'm sure that most, if not all women, use every day.

I was on the hunt for a hand cream/body lotion that I could make at home during the winter time.  My skin, especially my hands get super dry during the winter and most hand creams don't cut it for me.  I need to use way to much or way too often.  With a toddler and a small business to run there isn't always time to constantly be reapplying lotions.

I found something that I really like.  It's all natural, organic and SUPER easy to whip up at home.

Here's the site that I found it on.  CLICK HERE.

I used eucalyptus essential oil because of it's natural anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-viral properties and just because I love the way it smells.  It's great to add to all kinds of stuff to ease sore muscles.

I doubled the amount so I didn't have to make it up again for a while.  I didn't use Vitamin E oil but next time I make up some I will.  I've always got olive oil and coconut oil in the house for cooking so the only things I needed to buy was the shea butter, essential oil and beeswax.  The wax was a huge brick so I've got lots left over for whenever I get crafty and decide to make something with it.

I always go a bit heavier on the eucalyptus oil than normal because I love it.  But this just do till you think it's sufficient.

I also heated it all up in the mason jar I store it in in a pot of water so I didn't have to worry about pouring the hot mixture into another container.  I'm a klutz at the best of times so the less chance of maiming myself the better.

I use the lotion all the time.  It's great as an all over body lotion just out of the shower, a great massage lotion, the oils in it keep it from absorbing into the skin to fast so a little goes a long way.

It's kept my hands, feet, elbows, ankles and other body parts happy all winter long and I use it after showers and before bed still.  I made it in December and still have 3/4 of the mason jar left!

No comments:

Post a Comment