Amazon Banner

Friday, October 9, 2009

What I'm trying to work on

When I was in Hilton Head a couple of weeks ago I saw these really cool stretch beaded headbands in the same shop that I bought this really cool necklace (I'll take a photo of the necklace post if over the weekend). I thought that it would be really cool to make a few up and try to sell them.

The main body of the headband was just seed beads. It looks like it would be really time intensive to weave by hand so I might need to go out and purchase a beading loom to speed the process up a bit. That and I need to get thin enough elastic thread. I really need to get out to the craft store and see if the sewing section has what I need because my local Walmart, which is usually pretty good about sewing supply inventory, is lacking right now. They are in the middle of a re-model and not only did they move EVERYTHING around in the damn store they don't have all of the inventory out because they are moving it all.

Oh, and in other news I started to build a web page yesterday. Still a work in progress but here it is http://JewelrybyDesiree.webs.com It's a free service right now and depending I may upgrade to a pay site. I could also have a mini store on the site. Right now as a free member I can list 5 products. If I upgrade then one day I can have my store totally on my own website. We'll see how that goes for the time being. I'm still trying to figure out everything that I want to put up on the site. So if you have any suggestions just shoot me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment