Amazon Banner

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What am I going to do with myself?

Yesterday morning I had what I pray is my last Architecture Liscesing Exam (ARE).

I've been taking these stinking tests since December of 2007. When I started out there were 9 divisions, 3 technical sections, 3 non-technical sections and 3 graphical sections. I flew threw all of them except the 2 structural divisions (general structures and lateral forces).

On round 2 with the structures exams I managed to pass general structures but once again bombed on lateral forces. Doesn't sound too bad does it? Well I got news for you, each time you fail an exam you have to wait 6 months before you can re-take it. Oh and also after I failed lateral forces for the second time they had closed the transition window to a new format.

What did this mean for me? Not only did I pass general structures but because of the new format (7 divisions instead of 9 and they mixed a bunch of crap up) and the associated graphical vignette but I get to take 1 exam and re-do the vignette that I already passed.

Well, took the test yesterday and I feel pretty good about it. I'll get the results in about 4-6 weeks (yes you read that right). NCARB is horribly slow with score reporting even though the exam is administered by computer and also computer scored. If you want some interesting reading check out the ARE forum general topics section and do a search for NCARB. It's rather amusing to see some of the posts.

But now that I'm not studying I have ALL of this free time on my hands. I really need to get my house back in order first off. Also I've been neglecting the jewelry business a bit and need to get back on the train with that one. Maybe I'll go out to the movies or dinner with the girls sometime while the hubby is in Charlotte?

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment