Amazon Banner

Monday, September 21, 2009

Fundraiser for a really good cause

A few months back a good friend and sorority sister of mine, Emily, was hospitalized because she came down with the swine flu pneumonia and other complications. After over 2 months in the hospital the infection left her system and she's now been in rehab for a while.

My sorority wanted to do something to help her and her family out with her medical bills and other associated costs.

We're doing a dinner and silent auction for her on October 10th in conjunction with her EMS Rescue Squad. Our part is the auction with all the proceeds going to Emily.

I mailed about 17 different things for them to auction off. It's all stuff that I've had laying around for a while and haven't gotten around to listing yet. It's a nice mix of sterling, gemstone, glass. I have sets, bracelets, earrings, the works. In the short run I'm hoping I get some sales.

I really do wish that I could be there but everyone is in New Jersey and it would be very difficult for me to be there when we will be heading up there for Thanksgiving to spend it with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment